We are so excited to announce that nine finalists have been selected to present their ideas to our four philanthropists on March 17, 2016. Palm Beach County public and private school students grades 7th through 12th submitted their community betterment ideas in December 2015. Winners will be awarded up to $15,000 from a $100,000 pool of funds personally contributed by four philanthropists. William Meyer, Eric Becker, Julier Fisher Cummings, and Danielle Hickox Moore also committed a year’s worth of mentoring to help the students execute their winning solutions.
The finals event will begin at 5:00 p.m. and take place at the Harriet Himmel Theater in downtown West Palm Beach. The finalists, the number in their team, their grade and school, plus their program follow:
- Sage Albert (2; 10/Dreyfoos School of the Arts)teaching swimming at the Y to special needs children
- Meredith Anderson(15; 8/Rosarian Academy) leading the school team to eliminate homelessness for Palm Beach County youth
- Madeline Caruso (1; 7/The Benjamin School) pairing senior citizens with older animals for companionship and care
- Daniel Clein (1; 10/Wellington Community High School) providing Lego kits to hospitalized children to help normalize their lives and entertain them during an extended hospital stay
- Jaslyn Dominique (1; 12/Royal Palm Beach Community High School) filling backpacks with supplies for underprivileged youth
- Caitlen Macias (6; 12/Grandview Preparatory School) presenting curriculum to women empowerment club to raise awareness of women’s issues
- Krishna Madala (2; 9/Atlantic Community High School) pairing senior citizens with teens for companionship and mentoring
- Je’Cynthia Nonar (1; 10/Glades Central High School) developing a teen summit for the Belle Glade area to encourage youth community leadership
- Sabrina Tesalona (1; 10/St. Andrews School)creating a rental shoe program for underprivileged students who need shoes in order to go to school
Please join us for this fun event. Admission is free, you just need to RSVP to email@example.com. More details can be found in this press release: Press Release_PBPT Finalists Announcement.